We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop within Open Education’s full technology stack and deliver the next generation of online education for both Open English and Next U. The ideal candidate will have the skills to generate production-quality code for web-based and mobile applications. We’re looking for a top-notch Software Engineer who sweats the small stuff and cares about impeccable code.
As a Software Engineer you will utilize your technical aptitude, experience, communication, leadership and analytical skills to solve complex system problems. In this role, the Engineer will handle architecture and development of critical systems using the latest technology (cloud, micro-services, and big data) and help mentor and lead other developers as part of an agile software team. This includes working with a variety of technologies and standard design patterns to produce quality production code.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extensive knowledge and discipline in software engineering process; experience as a technical lead on complex projects, providing guidance on design and development approach.
- Work closely with other developers in an agile team to maintain and develop new and existing web properties.
- Comfortable working and multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment.
- Responsible for integrity of technical work on projects. Helps to plan, estimate, organize, and perform the technical work of an assignment. Coordinates activity with other project team members.
- Ability and desire to always be learning new technologies, frameworks, tools, languages, etc.
- Improve our development culture: promote innovation, new technologies, trends, methodologies, development tools, best practices, processes, libraries, etc.
- Generates test cases, documentation, and participates in peer code reviews to ensure software quality.
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, implementing them within assignments as appropriate.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports and customer issues.
- Programming: Java (J2EE), OOD, MVC
- Database: SQL, RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL), noSQL DBMS
- Web Technologies: Web Services (SOAP, RESTful), AJAX, HTML, TCP/IP
- Frameworks: Cloud (i.e. Google, AWS, etc.), Spring, Maven, Hibernate
- Process: Agile/SCRUM, Continuous Integration/Deployment
- 5+ years developing web applications.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.