Academic Operations Scheduling Coordinator
The Academic Operations Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for providing support for the scheduling operations of Open English, Open English Junior, and Open English Centers. This role interfaces across many departments within Academic Operations to support our teacher scheduling processes but most importantly, this role communicates directly with teachers to process requests, answer questions, and resolve issues. The candidate must be an excellent communicator and adept at toggling between many types of communication avenues in our virtual world. Additionally, the candidate must possess organizational ability and will be empowered to be self-sufficient toward the goal of ensuring that our teachers are provided the right information in a timely manner while adhering to our academic policies and compliance procedures.
- Review teacher availability and shift change forms and complete updates in our scheduling system.
- Review and respond to emails/tickets in a timely fashion and within our advised SLAs.
- Review contact update information and adjusting consultant profiles in ShiftExpert as necessary.
- Provide backup support for the Scheduling Team Members as needed.
- Collaborates with other teams within the Academic Operations Department when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the various processes and work towards common goals.
- Create weekly teacher coverage reports for vendors -2 hours a week
- Daily – Audit new and existing teacher availability submissions - 1-2 hours weekly
- Process UPL requests from vendors (Weekly, deadline on Mondays) - 1.5 hrs average
- Processing pending Sick Leave and Unpaid Leave Requests on ShiftExpert and answering AOC Forms to Scheduling - 1 hrs average
- Build up all schedule skeleton (Weekly, deadline on Fridays) - 7 hrs max
- Resignations and Terminations tracking and shift removals (Daily) - 2 hrs average. Works closely with AO Teacher Operations Coordinator
- Process calendar changes (Weekly, deadline on Mondays) - 1 hr average
- Provides assistance with other manual urgent tasks such as shift changes and completes special projects/tasks as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate degree in Business or Communications from two-year college or university; or at least 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Google tools such as Gmail and google drive.
- Knowledge of DropBox is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce or ShiftExpert (user or admin) is a plus.
- Preferably bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese and English).
- Able to independently manage work time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.