The OE Center lead teacher will be a part of a team that promotes excellence in online teaching and learning through research and best practices. The qualified candidate will be an EFL and adult learner expert with significant experience in virtual language instruction. In addition to conducting high quality live sessions on a regular basis, the lead teacher will serve as a role model and a point of contact for the OEC teaching body. Lead teachers will analyze current training and certification practices and make recommendations for improvement. They will also assist with implementation of pilots with the goal of improving the student and teacher experience overall. Additionally, this position will provide ongoing feedback to the content team that informs curriculum development and improvements for use in live sessions as well as additional learning activities that occur in the OEC led by tutors. This position will work closely with the training and quality teams as well as the general Open English teaching team.
Essential Job Duties:
● Continually research, assess, evaluate and report on trends in successful teaching techniques, common problem areas and propose solutions.
● Evaluate current and future training and certification materials and processes; make recommendations for improvement.
● Make content improvement recommendations.
● Assist in implementing pilots and report on findings.
● Conduct webinars on best practices, new instructional ideas, with new teachers etc.
● Conduct high quality live session on consistent basis. (10 hours per week)
● Serve as a role model and point of contact for the OEC teaching body.
● Regularly review QMs completed by monitors and provide follow-up with meaningful feedback as needed with teachers.
● Participate in team and one on one meetings with team members and teachers.
● Observe and advise on performance trends based on the QM results and make recommendations on CPD (Continued Professional Development) topics.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Native English speaker
● Bachelor’s degree in education, learning and development, linguistics, or other related field.
● Minimum of three years as an online teacher working with adult EFL learners.
● Teaching English as a Second Language certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.)
● Native English speaker
● Bilingual (English/Spanish)
● Proficient in office software applications - for example, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Productivity apps like Docs and Sheets, etc.
● Available to work during Miami business hours, Monday - Friday
● Strong analytical skills
● Positive, polished visual presence online
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
● High degree of professionalism
● Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
● Experience working with remote teams
● Effective at problem solving
● Creative, innovative, can-do mindset
● Good vibes and a sense of humor
● Master’s degree in education, learning and development, or related field.
● Experience coaching or training teachers
● Experience with EFL content development