Manager is responsible to the oversight of multiple tutor operations centers in Latin America. These centers recruit, train, organize, and manage teams of subject matter experts (tutors) who provide guidance and academic support to students enrolled in Next U programs.
As Manager, you will ensure a quality experience for students by optimizing efficiencies in operations, overseeing the recruitment of well-qualified subject matter experts, implementing on-boarding and on going training and development opportunities for tutors, and creating innovative strategies to improve the students ́ engagement.
- Oversight of Tutor Operations Centers including recruiting procedures, training and development,
- scheduling and evaluations.
- Works collaboratively with Tutor Operations Centers to develop, refine and implement consistent operations protocol across centers.
- Promotes collegiality and synergies among Tutor Operations Centers.
- Develops and implements a system of tutor performance evaluations that includes a progressive schedule, KPIs from multiple sources, and action plans.
- Develops and refines tutor training and development opportunities.
- Develops a system of quality assurance reviews and interventions.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities that promote efficiencies and scalability.
- Analyzes multiple data sources and prepares tutor operations performance reporting for executives.
- Partners with Curriculum and Instruction team to drive key performance indicators and develop
- initiatives to achieve the overall strategic goals of the team.
- Manages the objectives for change implementation, action and overall continuous
Education & Training
- Works with the curriculum and technology teams to establish a system of indicators that identify at-
- risk students; then develops and implements a tutor/student intervention program.
- Work collaboratively across different organization teams as customer service, marketing, technology
- to participate in projects that involve tutors.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education leadership, training, instructional design or technology, human resources management, management, or other related field.
Skills – Attitude
- 5+ years of combined and/or overlapping successful experience with management of virtual employees, mass scheduling, training, and/or recruiting.
- Ability to streamline and optimize business processes.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Spanish and English fluency