We are seeking a dynamic and innovative, Community Builder to join our Service team at our Blended Learning Center located in Bogota, Colombia. In this role, you will be responsible for building and constantly adding value to our community of blended students learning physically at our learning center.
This role will require:
- Creativity, execution, organization and reporting.
- A strong team player is needed that can interact with our internal Academics, Service and Marketing departments.
- Knowledge and experience of building community and organizing events will be key.
- Planning. With the support from Academics and Service, the Community Builder will have to design, create and implement a plan to build and maintain an engaged community. The plan should include measurable KPIs (including increased participation) to determine if goals are accomplished.
- In collaboration with Academics, design, create and hold community events and initiatives that brings up student’s engagement and increases overall student’s retention.
- Encourage participation in such events and initiatives and/or enable for students to co-design their own initiatives.
- Identifies and encourages people who are natural connectors and natural leaders within the community. Invites Contributors. Try to engage with leaders and identify those within the community get the community to run itself.
- Co-operates with other local support group of community organizations to share ideas, learning and co-design community led- initiatives
- Actively markets and promotes the program within communities.
- Collects evidence of outputs and outcomes, ensuring consistent implementation of the monitoring and evaluation process.
- Copywriting. Design and create proper copy to communicate with students in a way that is engaging and effective.
Skills / Experience:
- Community activities are in place, up and running.
- People are listened to and engaged.
- Increased activity is happening within the community.
- People, groups and organizations are being linked creating a more connected community.
- Engagement and Retention KPIs are accomplished.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially in engaging and listening to people
- Experience of developing and working with groups
- Multi-functional team player - collaborative, energetic and organized
- Delegate work effectively
- Work with management to set and fulfill strategies by creating deliverables and specific recommendations - Including strategy and implementation, optimizations, and overall management
- Ensure integration & coordination between cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, hospitality, tourism, and/or communications preferred.
- At leas, High Intermediate written and verbal English skills.
- Highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers.
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities.
- Ability to work within and effectively manage a team, prioritizing and organizing multiple. assignments for both self and team direct reports.
- Adherence to tight deadlines while delivering flawless work.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.