Open English is seeking a creative, sharp, detail-oriented Senior Website Developer to join the Product team. The Senior Website Developer is a technical position, that must have proven hands-on experience coding and building high-traffic websites.
The position is responsible for maintaining and supporting Open English’s international web presence and web-based applications including supporting mobile website.
You will be expected to proactively monitor sites for issues, drive UI/UX best-practices, and publish new online content. As part of the role, you will work closely with the creative department and marketing team, as well as other product management teams to ensure the web presence is aligned with departmental and corporate goals.
What you’ll do:
What will help you succeed?
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it.
- Collaborate with and learn from teammates, product managers and cross-functional partners.
- Enthusiastically look for ways to make our customers' experiences better.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development.
- Proactively refactor code that needs improvement
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies in development, and apply them to help the team’s overall development speed, and to ensure our products are as performant as possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Communication and Multimedia, or a closely related field of study.
- Experience using Content Management Systems.
- Experience calling RESTFUL APIs.
- Experience on website performance optimization.
- Experience with design hand-off tools (Zeplin prefered).
- English Fluency is required.
- The ability to work on your own without a lot of help or supervision.
- Good work ethic, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Problem solving skills.
- Web design experience.